The Eighth Annual General Meeting of Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited
Hong Kong, 20 May 2010 – The Eighth Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) was held successfully today. A Director was re-elected by the Supply Class members at the AGM.
The Board of Directors of HKIRC consists of eight independent non-executive directors, four appointed by the Government, two elected by the Demand Class, and two elected by the Supply Class.
Mr YOUNG Wo Sang, who retired by rotation at the AGM, was nominated to stand for the election. Since he was the only nominee, he was automatically elected and will continue in office. The composition of the Board therefore remains the same and the list of Directors is as follows.
- Ms Susanna CHIU Lai Kuen (continuation in office)
- Mr John Estmond STRICKLAND, GBS, JP (continuation in office)
- Dr Carlye TSUI Wai-ling, BBS, MBE, JP (continuation in office)
- Mr Joseph YU, MH (continuation in office)
- Dr Robin Sarah BRADBEER (continuation in office)
- Prof Joseph NG Kee Yin (continuation in office)
- Mr Ben LI Ming Pan (continuation in office)
- Mr YOUNG Wo Sang (re-elected)
HKIRC also published its 2009/2010 Annual Report in May. The public is most welcome to browse or download a copy from its website:
- end -
Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) is a not-for-profit, non-statutory company limited by guarantee designated by the Government of the HKSAR to undertake the administration of Internet domain names under the .hk country code top level domain. HKIRC provides registration services for English domain names ending with .com.hk, .org.hk, .net.hk, .edu.hk, .gov.hk, .idv.hk, .hk and Chinese domain names ending with .公司.hk, .組織.hk, .網絡.hk, .教育.hk, .政府.hk, .個人.hk, .hk, and other domains to be introduced from time to time in Hong Kong.
Tel : 2319 3828
Fax : 2319 2626
Email : email@example.com