2012 “Top 10 .hk Website Competition”
Vote for the best websites for a chance to win iPad mini and other exciting prizes

HONG KONG, 30 January 2013 –– Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) announced the commencement of public voting for the 2012 “Top 10 .hk Website Competition”, which lasts until 22nd February 2013 (Friday). The shortlisted websites are now posted on the Competition website for public voting. Voters will have an opportunity to win an iPad mini or other exciting prizes!

‘”Top 10 .hk Website Competition” is entering its fourth year. In general, we see improvement in the design and implementation of website entries this year. Most websites, including those in the commercial and non-commercial categories, are of high quality. They have made the best use of domain names and advantages of having a website to help achieve the mission and objectives of the organization,” said Mr Jonathan Shea, CEO of HKIRC.

The “Top 10 .hk Website Competition” has received more than 300 entries this year. More than 60% of them belong to the categories of “commercial” and “non-commercial” websites and the remaining 40% belong to the new categories of “government department” and “LegCo member” websites. The websites were assessed based on four judging criteria, namely design and functionality, engagement, use of social media and accessibility. 10 websites have been shortlisted for each of the “commercial”, “non-commercial” and “government departments” categories for public voting.

Members of the public can visit http://www.top10award.hk to browse the shortlisted websites and cast their votes. Voters can select up to three .hk/.香港 websites from each of the three categories. Hong Kong citizens aged 18 years or above are eligible to vote once only. Voters will enter a lucky draw and have an opportunity to win an iPad mini and other exciting prizes. Results of the lucky draw will be announced on 18 April on the Competition’s website.

Judging Criteria of the Competition

A panel of judges assess the entries based on four judging criteria - overall design and functionality, engagement, use of social media and accessibility. Public voting accounts for 10% of the overall score. The Awards Presentation Ceremony for the “Top 10 .hk Website Competition” will be held in April 2013.

Please visit http://www.top10award.hk for more details of the Competition.


About HKIRC
Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) is a non-profit-distributing, non-statutory company limited by guarantee designated by the Government of the HKSAR to undertake the administration of Internet domain names under the .hk and .香港 country code top level domain. HKIRC provides registration services for English domain names ending with .com.hk, .org.hk, .net.hk, .edu.hk, .gov.hk, .idv.hk, .hk and Chinese domain names ending with .公司.香港, .組織.香港, .網絡.香港, .教育.香港, .政府.香港, .個人.香港, .香港, and other domains to be introduced from time to time in Hong Kong.




Media Contacts:

HKIRC
Dorothy Chow
Tel : + 852 2319 3883
Fax : + 852 2319 2626
Email : marketing@hkirc.hk

LEWIS PR
Annie Ho / Belle Pei
Tel : + 852 3944 5016 / 3944 5013
Fax : + 852 3944 5001
Email : annie.ho@lewispr.com / belle.pei@lewispr.com