HKIRC'S EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING HELD SUCCESSFULLY
HONG KONG, 27th October 2006
- Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) is pleased to announce that its Extraordinary General Meeting was successfully held on 25th October 2006. During the EGM, a By-election was held and Mr. Vincent WONG Pak Hong was elected as a new Director representing the Service Provider Class.
The Directors on the new Board of HKIRC for Year 2006 are as follows:-
- Mr. Stephen MAK Hung Sung (appointed)
- Mr. Davis CHAU Chi Man (continue in office)
- Mr. David CHEUNG Tai Wai (continue in office)
- Mr. To CHEUNG (newly elected)
- Mr. Andrew LAW Shiu Kai (continue in office)
- Mr. Joseph LEUNG Wai Fung (continue in office)
- Mr. Christopher TO (continue in office)
Service Provider Class
- Mr. Vincent WONG Pak Hong (newly elected)
- Mr. Lento YIP Yuk Fai (continue in office)
IT Industry Class
- Dr. HO Pui Tak (continue in office)
- Mr. Stephen LAU Ka Men (continue in office)
Commerce and Industry Class
- Mr. Eric CHIN (newly elected)
Tertiary Institution Class
- Mr. Lawrence LAW Hing Yim (continue in office)
The new Board of Directors will continue to guide HKIRC and its subsidiary, Hong Kong Domain Name Registration Company Limited (HKDNR), to provide high quality service in domain name registration to meet the needs of different sectors in the local community.
About HKIRC and HKDNR
Hong Kong Internet Registration Cooperation Limited (HKIRC) is a non-profit making organization designated by the Government of HKSAR to oversee the administration and assignment of the Internet domain names ending with '.hk'. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Hong Kong Domain Name Registration Company Limited (HKDNR), HKIRC provides registration services for the English domain names ending with '.com.hk', '.org.hk', '.net.hk', '.edu.hk', '.gov.hk', '.idv.hk', ‘.hk’ and Chinese domain names ending with ‘.公司.hk’, ‘.組織.hk’, ‘.網絡.hk’, ‘.教育.hk’ , ‘.政府.hk’, ‘.個人.hk’, ‘.hk’; and other domains to be introduced from time to time in Hong Kong.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact our Marketing Communication Specialist, Ms. Annie Shiu, at +852 2319 3828 for details.