HKIRC HOLDS THE FOURTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND ELECTION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2006
HONG KONG, 20th September 2006
- Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) is pleased to announce that its Fourth Annual General Meeting and Election of HKIRC Board of Directors for Year 2006 was successfully held on 20th September 2006.
The Board of Directors comprises six classes with different number of members, representing the interests and needs of different sectors. Among these six classes, the Director representing the Government Class was appointed, while the Directors of Service Provider Class, IT Industry Class, Commerce and Industry Class and Tertiary Institution Class have been elected automatically or continued in office. There were two candidates standing for election to the User Class this year. As there was no candidate nominated for the Service Provider Class, a by-election will be arranged shortly. Votes were cast by email and by post in advance and also in person during the AGM 2006. The election process was conducted openly with the supervision of the Election Committee and external auditors.
The new Board of Directors of HKIRC for Year 2006 are as follows:-
- Mr. Stephen MAK Hung Sung (appointed)
- Mr. Davis CHAU Chi Man (continue in office)
- Mr. David CHEUNG Tai Wai (continue in office)
- Mr. To CHEUNG (newly elected)
- Mr. Andrew LAW Shiu Kai (continue in office)
- Mr. Joseph LEUNG Wai Fung (continue in office)
- Mr. Christopher TO (continue in office)
Service Provider Class
- Mr. Lento YIP Yuk Fai (continue in office)
IT Industry Class
- Dr. HO Pui Tak (continue in office)
- Mr. Stephen LAU Ka Men (continue in office)
Commerce and Industry Class
- Mr. Eric CHIN (newly elected)
Tertiary Institution Class
- Mr. Lawrence LAW Hing Yim (continue in office)
The new Board of Directors will continue to guide HKIRC and its subsidiary, Hong Kong Domain Name Registration Company Limited (HKDNR), to provide high quality service in domain name registration to meet the needs of different sectors in the local community.
Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) was established as a non-profit-making and non-statutory organization to oversee the administration and assignment of the country-code top level domain (ccTLD), ‘.hk’ for Hong Kong. In addition, HKIRC represents Hong Kong in international Internet forums and plays a key role in facilitating Hong Kong’s e-business development.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact our Marketing Communication Specialist, Ms. Annie Shiu, at +852 2319 3828 for details.