Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) is a non-profit-making and non-statutory corporation designated by the HKSAR Government to administer the registration of Internet domain names under .hk and .香港country-code top level domains. HKIRC provides registration services through its registrars for domain names ending with .com.hk, .org.hk, .gov.hk, .edu.hk, .net.hk, .idv.hk, 公司.香港, .組織.香港, .政府.香港, .教育.香港, .網絡.香港, .個人.香港, .hk and .香港.
HKIRC is a non-profit-making organization that is committed to providing, and supervising the provision of .hk and .香港 Internet domain names registration, resolution and related services in an uninterrupted, effective, customer-centric and sustainable manner. In addition, HKIRC promotes Hong Kong as an inclusive, secure, innovative and international city for the Internet and encourages the use of Internet and the related technologies.
HKIRC is committed to serve the Internet community of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, as well as the global Internet community, in relation to the administration of domain names under the .hk and .香港 country-code top-level domains. The objectives of HKIRC are:
- to promote Hong Kong as an international centre for e-commerce and to encourage for the benefit of the Hong Kong community a better understanding and use of the Internet and related technology;
- to develop the administration of Internet domain names in Hong Kong;
- to administer a registration system for all levels of Internet domain names under the Hong Kong country code .hk and its other equivalents and to establish and develop a self-regulatory framework in respect of such registration system;
- to accredit and monitor the performance of registrars providing services for registration of all levels of Internet domain names under the .hk and .香港;
- to administer and manage the allocation and assignment of Internet Protocol addresses in Hong Kong;
- to liaise with local and international bodies on issues relating to the development and administration of domain name systems and Internet Protocol addresses;
- to develop and establish a policy framework for the development and administration of Internet domain names under the .hk and its other equivalents; and
- to establish appropriate complaints handling and dispute resolution processes which provide for conciliation or redress of grievances on matters associated with the administration or use of Internet domain names under the .hk and its other equivalents.
Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&A) of HKIRC
Promotion Partners/Supporting Organisations
The .hk and .香港top level domains are well-received by the local community with support from various organisations and corporations. Through their use of different categories of .hk, their unique Hong Kong identity is well represented on the web.
|Category||Sector||'.hk' Domain Name||Supporting Organisation|
|BOC Credit Card (International) Ltd |
Manulife (International ) Ltd
Octopus Holdings Ltd
Sony Corporation of Hong Kong Ltd
|.edu.hk||Educational organisations||polyu.edu.hk||The Hong Kong Polytechnic University|
|.net.hk||Entities managing network, infrastructure and services with PNETS licenses||pccw.net.hk||PCCW Ltd|
|.gov.hk||HKSAR government departments||investhk.gov.hk||InvestHK|
|.org.hk||Non-profit making organisations||tungwah.org.hk
|Tung Wah Group of Hospitals |
The Hong Kong Management Association
|.hk||Any company, organisation or person aged 11 or above||cathaypacific.hk||Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd|
The use of .hk domain names by various companies has helped us unite our caring spirit on the net. We would like to express our sincere thanks to those who have expressed their support to this unique Hong Kong identity on the Internet: